Monday, August 22, 2011

Mango Spinach Smoothie

This weekend I stood at the alter and watched my big sister walk down the aisle! It was a very exciting and stressful weekend that I was so proud to be a part of. I am so happy for her and her new husband. Good luck to them in their new marriage!

I actually made this way before the wedding, but I have been so caught up in planning that I have been slacking at getting posts up.

Look at that color!




Before you ask me if I went off the deep end, keep reading. I promise, it's not what you're thinking..


This delicious mix of sweet and.. spinach? -- I'm really not quite sure what category spinach fits into, or any greens fit into for that matter.. but anyway this combination is uh.maize.ing.


If I hadn't made my self stop slurping this drink so fast, I probably would have gulped in down in under two minutes. 




It is a good thing that part of me has some sense of self-control though, because after that two minute gulp-down, I probably would have found myself bent over from all of the frothy bubbles in my stomach.. 


Oh and guess what? Green stuff can taste good, I promise.  





Well even if you don't like the look of that bright green liquid-filled mixer, you should definitely try this smoothie and prepare yourself to be pleasantly surprised. 


Mango Spinach Smoothie


1 packed cup spinach
1 mango
1/2 cup greek yogurt
5 chopped strawberries
1/2 cup ice
1/2 cup water


Add spinach, mango and water to blender.  Blend until smooth.  Add greek yogurt and blend some more.  Add the strawberries and ice and blend until smooth.  Pour into glass and enjoy.  
Garnish with strawberries if desired. 


This makes a nutritious afternoon snack or meal replacement.  















No comments:

Post a Comment